What Does the Board of Directors Do?
The Main Street board has the final responsibility for the success or the failure of the revitalization program. The board’s main responsibilities are to:
- Make the final decisions about the projects, activities, and political stance of the Main Street program
- Oversee the work of the program manager
- Raise money for Main Street
- Provide public support for the program and the commercial district and support the work of the Main Street committees by volunteering time and expertise in support of their efforts
Faribault Main Street’s Board of Directors
- The Chair of the Board of Directors (1)
- The Chair of each of the four committees (4)
- One representative of the City of Faribault (either EDA or City Council) (1)
- Chamber Staff representative – ex officio (1)
- Up to six at large participants. (4)
The Board selects a chair-person who will convene the board and preside at board meetings and Faribault Main Street open meetings.
The Board may appoint subcommittees with authority to act on behalf of the board with regard to specific projects.
Terms of service should not exceed 5 consecutive years without a one year hiatus.
The Board of Directors is responsible for the overall success of the Faribault Main Street Program. The Board is responsible for establishing the Annual Program Budget, Annual work plan along periodic financial reports and monthly meeting agenda as well as:
- Developing the Faribault Main Street district boundaries
- Formalizing the relationship with the Chamber
- Developing handbooks for all committee chairs
- Developing and distributing welcome-information packets to new businesses in the district
- Developing a presentation to give to service clubs and other groups
- Hosting a spring event to inform and appreciate stakeholders
The Board has final approval of all projects, activities and fundraising through the adoption of an annual work plan. The Board is responsible for any political positions taken by the organization. The Board oversees the work of the program staff, raises money for the program, and provides the public support of the Main Street philosophy as adopted by the Faribault Main Street Program. The Board supports the work of the committees through volunteering and providing expertise and encouragement.
Board of Directors Mission Statement
The Main Street Faribault is organized to unify the central business district, with emphasis on Central Avenue, to create an attractive destination in which businesses prosper the community benefits and residents and visitors enjoy a quality downtown experience.
These committees welcome participants from all walks of life, business and building owners, residents and anyone interested in the efforts to maintain and promote our Main Street.